frequently can help
your level of physical fitness
: playing the game improves
coordination, flexibility and balance because of the agility that's required to aim correctly and move to hit the birdie when it comes to your side of the court.
Follow this link for full answer
Above, why is badminton a good game to help maintain and improve physical fitness *?
Badminton is considered a good sport to help build and maintain overall fitness. During an average game, players jump, run, turn and twist in many different directions. ... In short, badminton is great aerobic exercise. It's a fun sport and also is a means to better physical fitness.
In like manner, how is a badminton game won? Every time you win a rally, you get a point. Starting from zero, the first person to reach 21 points wins the game. In club badminton, this is usually where you stop and choose players for the next game. ... A match is the best of three games: you win the match by winning two games.
Next, what equipment is needed for badminton?
To play badminton, players will need a net, a shuttlecock, and at least two rackets. The net crosses the center of the badminton court. It needs to be 5 feet 1 inch high at both ends and 5 feet high in the center. The posts must be at the farthest sidelines, 20 feet apart, for both singles and doubles play.
What is the ultimate attacking shot in badminton?
The badminton smash is considered the most powerful shot in badminton and is usually played on the forehand. It is often difficult to return because of the pace and the downward angle of the shot, think of it as a downwards drive.
16 Related Questions Answered
Some examples of light physical activities include: walking slowly (i.e. shopping, walking around the office), sitting at your computer, making the bed, eating, preparing food, and washing dishes. Moderate intensity activities are defined as activities ranging between 3 - < 6 METS.
backhand. this is always an underhand shot.
First, I'll quickly explain what a Drop Shot is. It is a soft badminton shot performed from the Rear Court. It travels down steeply and land at your opponent's forecourt.
what is especially tricky about the forehand underarm clear? The player lunges forward with the front knee bent and the back leg slightly bent while he/she leans toward the shuttle. It is like hitting a high serve, only it is hit lower. service in India.
You and your racket cannot touch the net in the middle of a rally. Shuttlecock. You can hit the shuttle with the racket only. But you or any part of your body cannot touch the shuttle in the middle of a rally.
about 45 minutes
Have a look at it.
- Holding The Racket Correctly. In badminton, this skill is essential for a player. ...
- Forehand and Backhand Grip. These two are the basic grips that are used in forehand and backhand shots. ...
- Footwork. Badminton game is based on speed. ...
- Serving. ...
- Badminton Stance. ...
What are the top 10 rules of badminton?
- Games are played to 21 points.
- Matches are best of three games.
- Every serve there is a point scored.
- Whichever team wins the rally serves next.
- Must win by two points.
- 2 minute interval is allowed in between each game of a match.
The Laws of Badminton
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. ...
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. Played from: Back court. ...
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. ...
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. ...
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. ...
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Don't* Don't bring your tennis ground strokes to the badminton court. All those long sweeping ground shots are almost useless on the badminton court – you don't have time – so play punchy, wristy shots in front of you. Don't lift to the forecourt or mid court – it will come back with interest!
Shift your weight to your racket foot, and lift your arm with your forearm being parallel to the floor. Keep the racket arm close to your body and hold the racket pointing down. As with the forehand smash, hit the shuttle at the highest point of contact and flick down your wrist to generate more power.
Strenuous activities included swimming laps, aerobics, calisthenics, running, jogging, basketball, cycling on hills, and racquetball.
Jumping jacks are an efficient total-body workout that you can do almost anywhere. This exercise is part of what's called plyometrics, or jump training. Plyometrics is a combination of aerobic exercise and resistance work. This type of exercise works your heart, lungs, and muscles at the same time.